According to liberal rag, Mother Jones, Elizabeth Warren, a Democrat and senior Senator from Massachusetts, campaigned for the Democrats in Iowa, Minnesota, and Colorado this past weekend. Also, according to Mother Jones, the following were some of her best “red meat” lines.
- The game is rigged and it is the Republicans who rigged it. What in the world does this woman mean? If anything, I’d say that the game is rigged toward the Democrats. Whenever there is a close election and votes have to be counted multiple times, the Democrats usually come out on top. There’s always those ballot boxes that were found several days after election day in the trunk of someone’s car. And, of course, ballots from our military overseas arrived too late to be legally included in the vote totals. And if it is ultimately ruled that the Republican came out on top, the Democrats will holler to the top of their lungs that the Republicans cheated and were guilty of fraud. And they’ll continue with the same rhetoric forever.
- Who does this government work for? According to Ms. Warren, it just works for millionaires and billionaires. Right now, I don’t think it works for anybody. Certainly not the wealthy who are being threatened with confiscatory tax rates and overly burdensome regulations for business that they may own. It certainly doesn’t work for the middle class. We’re faced with higher prices for goods and services and higher taxes. With the current president declaring war on the coal industry and so many environmentalists advocating doing away with fossil fuels and make way for the more expensive and less dependable green energies. And let’s not forget healthcare. Millions of middle class Americans are faced with losing their healthcare coverage provided by their employers and will be paying much, much more for health insurance that’s not going to be as good as what they had. I guess the only folks that government really works for are the members of the welfare class. They don’t have anything to begin with and this government’s goal is to extend the welfare state by creating more programs and making those folks in the welfare class even more dependent on government than they already are.
- The Republicans believe that this country should work for those who are rich. You’re damned right; it should work for the rich. It should also work for the middle class and for the poor. This country should work for all Americans and it can work for all Americans. Just lift the heavy tax burdens and regulatory burdens and let business expand. Let them create job and hire those who are able to work. Also, when businesses are prospering, they’re more likely to give their employees better raises and benefits. More people earning more money equals more people paying more taxes and more revenue to our local, state, and federal governments. When this happens, our nation can better afford to take care of those less fortunate. More money will be contributed to more private charities and yes, we will have money for government programs that do serve to provide safety nets for those truly in need.
- When conservatives came to power in the 1980s, the first thing they did was fire the cops on Wall Street. I guess Ms. Warren means that many burdensome regulations were lifted thereby making it easier for businesses to make profits, expand, hire more people, and provide better salaries and benefits for their employees. This period of de-regulation led to the start of many new businesses and increased the level of competition where everyone was forced to be the best they could possibly be. Old businesses were able to expand, new businesses were created, and jobs were created. People took risks. Some were successful and some were not. Yea, this a bad time in the history of America. Sheesh!
- They (the Republicans) ought to be wearing a T-shirt that says, “I got mine, the rest of you are on your own.” Actually, I think this is good. I made it and so can you. I’m no better than you are, so just go out there and do it. We’ve lowered taxes and lifted regulations, the world is your oyster.
Elizabeth Warren is probably one of the most liberal folks out there. She’s even more liberal that the current president. Her rhetoric is nothing but extreme socialism, even bordering on communism. From each according to his ability and to each according his need. Her political philosophies are so diametrically opposite to the principles on which this country was founded. It’s chilling folks, just chilling.