The U.S. House Select Committee on Benghazi released its final Benghazi report early this morning (Tuesday, June 28, 2016).
The final Benghazi report was comprised of approximately 800 pages of investigations and conclusions and suggests that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration were derelict in their duty to protect American diplomats from the most significant terror attack on the U.S. since 9/11/2001. The report also illustrates how the Obama administration contrived to misinform the public regarding the cause of the attack.
Democrat members of the House, who always maintained that the investigation was politically motivated, produced a report finding no wrongdoing by the Secretary of State and the Obama Administration.
According to Breitbart, for over two years, the Democrats refused to participate in the Majority’s serious, fact-centered investigation, claiming everything had been asked and answered. They said that the committee had found nothing new.
New insights to the investigation from the final Benghazi report included, but are not limited to the following:
- Despite President Obama and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s clear orders to deploy military assets, nothing was sent to Benghazi, and nothing was en route to Libya at the time the last two Americans were killed, almost 8 hours after the attacks began.
- With Ambassador Stevens missing, the White House convened a roughly two-hour meeting at 7:30 pm, which resulted in action items focused on a YouTube video, and others containing the phrases, “if any deployment is made,” and “Libya must agree to any deployment,” and “will not deploy until order comes to go to either Tripoli of Benghazi.”
- A Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team sat on a plane in Rota, Spain, for three hours, and changed in and out of their uniforms four times.
- The Libyan forces that evacuated Americans from the CIA Annex to the Benghazi airport was not affiliated with any of the militias the CIA or State Department had developed a relationship with during the prior 18 months. Instead, it was comprised of former Qadhafi loyalists who the U.S. had helped remove from power during the Libyan revolution.
- Five of the ten action items from the 7:30 pm meeting referenced the video, but no direct link or solid evidence existed connecting the attacks in Benghazi and the video at the time the meeting took place. There was no mention from the agents on the ground about a video.
- Minutes before the President delivered his speech in the Rose Garden, Jake Sullivan wrote in an email to Ben Rhodes and others, “There was not really much violence in Egypt. And we are not saying that the violence in Libya erupted over inflammatory videos.”
- On the Sunday shows, Susan Rice stated that the FBI had already begun looking at all sorts of evidence and the FBI has a lead in this investigation. But on Monday, the Deputy Director, Office of Maghreb Affairs sent an email stating, “McDonough apparently told the Secure Video Teleconference group today that everyone was required to “shut their pie holes” about the Benghazi attacks in light of the FBI investigation.
- Susan Rice’s comments on the Sunday talk shows were met with shock and disbelief by State Department employees in Washington. The Senior Libya Desk Officer, Bureau of Near Easter Affairs, State Department wrote, “I think Rice was off the reservation on this one.” The Deputy Director, Office of Press and Public Diplomacy, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, State Department responded, “Off the reservation on five networks!” The Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications Bureau of Near East Affairs, State Department wrote, “WH very worked about politics. This was all their doing.”
- Former Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta, bluntly told the committee an intelligence failure occurred with respect to Benghazi. Former CIA Deputy Director, Michael Morell, also acknowledged multiple times an intelligence failure did in fact occur prior to the Benghazi attacks.
To read the full list, go to: Committee releases last Benghazi Report, slams Clinton,
Now, according to the Huffington Post, the House Republicans Spent Millions of Dollars on Benghazi Committee to Exonerate Clinton. In other words, their report found nothing. That’s quite a spin.
But, according to the Conservative Tribune, moments after the committee released its final report of the Behghazi investigation, Hillary Clinton pulled a classic liberal stunt by attempting to change the subject. Attempting to change the subject is a technique by liberals when they have no arguments to make in order to throw the conservative counterpart off. If there was nothing new in the report as the Huffington Post claims, why would she find it necessary to change the subject? Shouldn’t she be celebrating and pointing out to everyone just how disingenuous Republicans are.
In addition to studying the above bulleted points, I suggest that you go to Breitbart’s website (above link) and read all of the bulleted points yourself.
Note: A special thanks to Brietbart.com for much of the information contained in this post.