I had better get busy with this article because even though it’s still the morning after, it’s getting close to being the “afternoon after.” I certainly didn’t expect Donald Trump to win the presidency. From all accounts and media outlets, including Fox News, Mr. Trump’s chances of winning were estimated to be slim to even none. He was drug through the mud like no political candidate had ever been. Some Democrats, including First Lady, Michelle Obama, were expressing utter shock at what he was overheard saying on the Access Hollywood tape, even though fowl-mouthed rapper Jay Z and his wife Beyoncé are included among those in the Obama inner circle.
In the short time I’ve been at my desk and perused social media, I have seen so much vitriol and hatred coming from Democrats directed at Donald Trump and his supporters. I’m also seeing some Democrats express disbelief that their gal, Hillary lost. “Oh, but she’s the smartest, most caring woman in the world.” Get real, she screws up everything she touches. Hey, Democrats, not everyone agrees with you. Here’s a list of things, not in any particular order.
- Not everyone thinks government is all powerful, all loving, and always perfect. Some of us believe that the private sector does a lot of things much better than government and should be left to do so. That was one of the principles on which this country was founded, and many of us believe in this 240-year-old principle.
- Not everyone thinks that it’s okay to kill the unborn just because carrying that child to term is inconvenient for the mother. Science has proven that upon conception that fertilized egg takes on human characteristics such as brain and heart activity.
- Many of us respect the armed forces and feel that a strong military is necessary to the well-being of our nation and the safety of our citizens.
- There are those of us who respect our nation’s local law enforcement. And while there are certainly “bad cops” out there, most our policemen and women are fine people who deserve our respect as they work from day to day to protect us from criminal activity and assist us when necessary.
- We live in the last half of the second decade of the twenty-first century. Slavery ended in 1865 and additional civil rights legislation was pass over a half-century ago. While racism exists and continues to exist until Christ returns and sets up his 1000 year reign here on earth, most of us believe in and have worked to established equal opportunity, but realize that with equal opportunity, we cannot guarantee equal outcome.
- Most of us believe that we have the right to exercise our freedom of speech, especially when it comes to holding our government officials accountable; and don’t like the way you have many hurled the “racist” accusation at those who have disagreed with the policies of the first black president, Barak Obama. You have also come up with the ridiculous notions that the American flag is racist, and that chanting “USA” is racist. It seems that whenever you can’t decide on what to call those with whom you disagree, you, with reckless abandon, just hurl the term racist. In fact, you make up the definition of racism to suit your needs of the moment. Again, many of us just don’t like that.
- Many of us question the existence of man-made climate change, and there are many articles written by respected scientists who have refuted this theory. However, Democrats have consistently hurled insults and called those who didn’t agree with them unflattering names. Again, not everyone agrees with you on this issue and many of us were fearful of the ridiculous regulations that were being crammed down our throats in the name of climate change.
- Many of us don’t agree with you in your efforts to soak the rich and screw over businesses. These are the entities who issue our paychecks. When our employers prosper, we, the middle class, tend to do better.
- Most of us don’t want government-run healthcare. We warned if the dangers when the ACA was being crammed down our throats using every legislative trick in the book. Our nation’s healthcare system is a mess. Democrats this is your fault. You own it; lock, stock, and barrel. Now it looks like it will be up to the Republicans and the Trump administration to fix it. Thanks a lot, Dems!
- Most of us want to win the war on Islamic terrorism and believe we need to define the problem in order to solve it. We believe that ISIS is the twenty-first century Third Reich and must be destroyed, and never allowed in this country.
- Immigration: You Democrats have never acknowledged that there is a difference between legal and illegal immigration. When someone says they’re against illegal immigration, you make no distinction between legal and illegal and hurl the xenophobia accusation. We want illegal immigration diminished and feel that a wall on the Mexican border will go a long ways in solving this problem.
- A lot of us would like to be able to defend ourselves from an attacker either before or after the police are called. We’d rather not have the police come, tag our dead bodies, and call the morgue to come and get us.
- Most of us want to maintain Israel as a trusted ally. If fact, it’s necessary. God has indicated that he will punish those who turn their backs on Israel.
The above outlines many of the areas where the two major political parties disagree, and as I’ve been saying all along, liberals, Democrats, progressives, or whatever it is they want to call themselves these days can’t seem to believe that anyone could possibly have different view. And if they have different views, they’re stupid and evil. Furthermore, Democrats don’t appear to believe in free speech unless they agree with the speech.
I’ve been called a sore winner this morning, and that’s probably right. I want to lash out. I want to do the same things to Democrats that they did to me eight years ago and have continued to do to me and other conservatives since then. I’m a flawed individual, but grateful that those flaws have been paid for.