The following is the second part of a series in which I’m illustrating the failed presidency of Barack Obama. According to an article in townhall.com, dated August 9, 2014, the president got the following things wrong.
- Because of Obama’s policies since he became president, 11,472,000 Americans have left the workforce. Fewer Americans are at work today than in April 2000 even though the population since then has grown by 31 million. (Mortimer Zuckerman)
- The number of Americans on welfare has hit record highs, plus a record of 20% of Americans were on food stamps in 2013. Furthermore, 11 million Americans were getting disability payments, a number that is approaching the population of Cuba.
- The United States lost its AAA credit rating because Obama was spending so much money. When he was running for office, Obama called George W. Bush unpatriotic for adding so much to the debt and promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. But as we speak, the national debt is approaching 20 trillion dollars. Since Obama became president he has added more to the debt than all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton combined.
- Obama’s “cash for clunkers” program cost the American people $1.4 million for every job it created and did little to reduce carbon emissions.
- After BP had a huge oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Obama not only bungled the clean-up process, he slowed oil production from other companies that had done nothing wrong, leading to higher oil prices. Obama also helped drive up the price of gas by blocking the Keystone Pipeline.
- When he was running for president in 2008, Obama claimed that, “Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year would see any form of tax increase. Not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.” He lied.
- Through 2013, the Obama Administration had imposed new regulations on businesses that cost $46 billion a year.
- Obama’s campaign contributors at Solyndra were handed $535 million of taxpayer money that the Obama administration knew they would never be able to pay back before they gave it to him.
- Even Barney Frank admitted that Barack Obama shamelessly liked to the American people to get Obamacare passed. He promised that Americans could keep their insurance plans, that they could keep their doctors, and that Obamacare would save the average family $2,500 per year. Not only were all of those liked, Obama knew they were likes when he made those promises. Also, Barack Obama has broken the law repeatedly by making at least 23 unilateral changes to Obamacare. And we all know that Obamacare has been a disaster that cost millions of people their health insurance and sent health care costs spiraling into the stratosphere. Obama has also taken $700 billion out of Medicare and put into Obamacare.
- The website portion of Obamacare, healthcare.gov, was a functional disaster for months when it rolled out and Obama claimed he didn’t know anything was wrong. This former software engineer would have taken a team of five or six additional programmers and designed, developed, tested, and implemented this program for substantially less that it cost and in a reasonable amount of time.
- Obama, the President of the United States, got involved in a local police matter in the Henry Louis Gates case where, before knowing the facts of the case, he said that the police acted “stupidly.” He also inserted himself into the Trayvon Martin case. This proved, beyond the shadow of a doubt that Barack Obama was racist and never had any intention of being a president to all of the American people.
- Americans died at Benghazi because Obama’s administration didn’t take their repeated requests for additional security seriously.
- Obama’s premature pull-out in Iraq and foolish refusal to get a status of forces agreement in Iraq left the country vulnerable and let to the terrorists in ISIS taking over a large portion of that country.
This list isn’t by any means exhaustive with regard to the failed presidency of Barack Obama, but memorizing a new off this list will certainly give you fodder in which to win an argument with any Obama-zombie. While I initially indicated that I would publish a series of articles regarding the failed presidency of Barack Obama during the week of Christmas, I now think I will do it between now and January 20 when the worst president in the history of our nation finally leaves office.
Like Wing Nut Gal on Facebook and follow on Twitter for all the latest.